Ever wanted to do something REALLY different on holidays.. something out of the ordinary, something that maybe is on your own personal ‘*bucket list’ (*things to do before you die - see the movie with Jack Nicholson & Morgan Freeman!) ) Well, here’s your chance! Holiday Australia has scoured Australia to find links to some of the most exciting, adventurous, memorable, adrenaline boosting, different, flashy, ‘off the wall’ OTT fun stuff to do in Australia. Read on! And don’t forget to come back often as we are constantly scouring Oz for new things to see and do for this list and the list will change - OFTEN! - so bookmark it and come back regularly! enjoy! The Australian Travel Company team.
1. Sydney. Drive a Ferrari in Sydney! Fancy driving in Double Bay or over the Bridge in this ‘babe magnet’. Go on!
2. South Australia. The Great Australian Cattle Drive. A 400 kilometre adventure riding on the Oodnadatta Track
3. Sydney. Take a high speed powerboat out of Sydney Harbour to Bondi Beach.100KPH awesome experience!
4. Northern Territory. Visit Kakadu World Heritage National Park. An unforgettable, never forgotten experience.
5. Sydney. 260 metres high (same as the Eiffel Tower) Sydney Tower Skywalk. Twice as high as the Bridge!
6. Victoria. Drive the magnificent Great Ocean Road. See the world famous 12 Apostles.
7. Tasmania. Hike through the wild and magnificent Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park.
8. Queensland. Dive (or snorkel) the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef. This is a MUST DO! Never to be forgotten!
9. Northern Territory. Visit Ayers Rock (Uluru). Dine at Sounds of Silence outdoor restaurant. Unforgettable.
10. Queensland. The Kuranda Scenic Railway. A stunning railway ride down the Kuranda Ranges outside Cairns
11. Tasmania. Gordon River Cruise from Strahan. Glide past ancient rainforests to Hells Gate. Stunning.
12. Sydney. Take a tour to the Blue Mountains or better still a walking tour. Unique in all the world.
13. Western Australia. Dive Ningaloo Reef & swim with Whale Sharks. Amazing. once in a lifetime experience
14. Queensland. Have a beer @ sunset on the Port Douglas Combined Services Club deck. Magnificent Views!
15. Sydney. Watch the start of the famous Boxing Day Sydney- Hobart Yacht Race on a 90 yo sailing ship. Magic!
16. Sydney. This is the ‘el supremo’ OF ALL experiences for Australia. The annual NYE Sydney Fireworks Display!!!
17. Sydney. Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge! Unique: To die for views!
18. Queensland. Feed wild dolphins @ Tangalooma Island, Moreton Bay, Brisbane. Real wild dolphins.Amazing!
19. Western Australia: Take a camel ride along Cable Beach in Broome. Spectacular, never forgotten sunsets.
20. Australia. One of the greatest train journeys of the world. Take the ‘Ghan’ from Darwin to Adelaide or Vice Versa.